Saturday 6 March 2010

One more step

It's funny, the things your mind does to sabotage you. Perhaps there are people out there who truly believe they deserve good things, people who fully expect to win the lottery and actually do, and people who look themselves in the mirror's eye and believe they are good at whatever it is they say they do. I do not fall into this category.

I am delighted to report that I have had my first magazine acceptance. Pregnancy and Birth are allegedly going to publish my short article on bump names. Of course, I am still to await details, so they still have a couple of days to realise their mistake and decide that someone needs to be fired over the decision to publish my sorry little offering. But still. I liked it. My tutor liked it (whatever that's worth - I can't help feeling she's far too easy on me, going for the easy course pass rather than really challenging me as a writer) And yet, as soon as someone wants to publish it, I can't help wondering what the hell was wrong with it.

Having said that I am still happy about the news - I just don't quite believe it. And so I can't help but wonder... if this is how I feel about one simple article... I mean, I did study English at one of the best universities in the world, I really ought to be able to string a few sentences together - it's little wonder I haven't done anything big in life, is it?!

Nuff for now - supposed to be keeping this professional. Perhaps I'll go back to just doing little articles on here. It's not a diary, is it? Though I'm sure that's how it started...

No comments:

Post a Comment