Thursday 25 February 2010

There's just no pleasing some people...

Sadly I refer to myself. Whilst usually an avid supporter of the "think positive, life is what you make it" school of thought, I do allow myself the occasional moment of self-indulgent griping. Actually I do quite a lot of griping, I just prefer to focus on the more positive bits.

So - why am I impossible to please? I have sold my first piece of writing, Snapdragons, a children's illustrated narrative verse story, to an online magazine. I have heard back from Sprouts editor that he liked my article and wants another to go with it. I have been sent a features list by an old contact in the DVD industry to write for him. And my response? Disappointment. There must clearly be something wrong with all these people if they want to publish what I have written. I think it's also because I didn't think these were the best things I'd ever written so it's a little sour that they are the ones that have succeeded.

Then again, there's a little piece of me leaping about in excitement - first step on the ladder and all that. I do get painfully jealous of the success of others though. Bad me.

No comments:

Post a Comment