Tuesday 13 October 2009

The Next Big Idea

In my desperate search to find things to write about I find myself wondering - do you have to be a chef to do a cookery book? Do you have to have your own show on TV? Or can anyone write one?
I thought it might be a nice idea for a cookery book to have something like "The Family Cookbook" - classic and modern recipes for families today. It could have quick and easy sections, lunch ideas, dinner party meal planners, baking, desserts, starters, mains etc, but also a section for children's recipes from 6 months onwards. Would use all sorts of recipes from both sides of the family for an eclectic mix - everything from mum's chicken soup to Dot's stuffed vine leaves or olive and salami pasta, my lamb tagine and Nick's caramel slice. Plus Sue Oldrey's lemon pudding and so on. Might be a fun idea - one that's simple, doesn't require loads of tricky ingredients - easy cooking for family, special occasions and nice treats. Might be that no-one is interested, but it could be fun. Could even be produced with a ring-binder section at the back to keep your own family recipes in.

I shall research this area forthwith!

No comments:

Post a Comment